Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work with the Quality Assurance team to provide assistance with ensuring product quality on our enterprise-level Cloud platform, based on our high-performance Hypervisor technology. You will get an opportunity to be involved with the complete lifecycle of the products, right from the build stages, to the deployment and testing (both manual and automated). There will also be ample opportunity to get exposure to the hardware side of the product.
GENERAL SKILLS DESCRIPTION
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. To be a good QA engineer, you should have an inherent knack for verifying product behaviour in all possible configurations and use-cases. Mid- to senior-level experience in manual and automated testing will be expected. We have an in-house automated test harness, which uses Python as the development language, so experience with scripting languages is essential.
The product also has a well-developed mature user interface (UI), so knowledge of UI testing tools and techniques will be looked at favourably. Being a virtualisation platform, we highly value experience with other virtualisation platforms/products like Xen, KVM, VMWare.
- Taking ownership of continuous regression testing and problem reporting.
- Working with the other members of the QA team to contribute towards verifying new features on outgoing releases.
- Taking ownership of testing the product UI, both in a manual and if possible automated fashion.
- Taking ownership of manually testing features which cannot be automated in the short term.
- Helping to develop the automated test harness or the RESTful test API, when required by the QA team.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices or other tech products.
- Proven work experience as a Quality Assurance engineer, Automated tester or a similar role.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Expertise in scripting languages like Python and shell scripting (e.g. bash).
- BSc degree in computer science, software engineering, or other IT-related field.
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking and writing).
- Experience with UI testing, and knowledge of UI test tools.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies like Xen, KVM or VMWare.
- Experience with automation / devops tools, such as ansible, docker, etc.
- Ability to work efficiently in a worldwide team context, but also independently when necessary.
Working with a small, informal, versatile software development / R&D team building cutting edge technology. The team comprises of extremely highly qualified, experienced professionals, working in a dynamic startup environment. As a distributed team, with many members working remotely, we rely on clear concise and proactive communication, so good communication skills and great work ethic are a must.
This position applies to Athens, Greece.